When a person feels that they want to end their life from suicide and when time is the key to survival our front line team will immediately act to intervene. This could be in any given location across the Island.
Our Front Line Teams:
Our front line team are a group of professional individual volunteers who are highly skilled and trained to high levels and standards. They are ready to be deployed anywhere across the Isle of Wight to a person who is in a crisis / with suicidal thoughts in a public location.
We undertake vehicle & foot patrols across the Island as part of our daily duties reaching out to anyone who maybe in a crisis or in a dark place at that time, using our skills and training in crisis intervention we reach out to offer supportive listening, to start a dialogue and to encourage more hopeful solutions than suicide – and work in keeping that person safe for now, we will also respond to emergency calls, to locate people at risk from suicide
We believe that people who can receive skilled crisis intervention support when they are in a time of crisis, people in suicidal distress can be awakened to the hope that there are other ways forward to address the problems they face
We know that when a person is in a suicidal distress the offer of help can be over-looked; our teams will build up a trust with the person at risk from the start, right to the person receiving further help and support.
We work alongside local services helping people to access further support and offer plans to help them keep safe moving forward, this is available from our resources page.
Our crisis response teams are trained in:
- Crisis (Suicide) Intervention & Prevention (always ongoing)
- *FREC3 (First Response Emergency Care) or First Aid
- Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health covering all areas.
- Information recording
- Safeguarding (Level 3 as a min)
- Safe Working at Height (SWaH)
- Search Techniques
- Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme (JESIP)
- Information recording
- Ligature Removal and Risk Management
Our crisis response teams are equipped with:
- Full PPE (inc COVID PPE)
- Full radio system over a 3G,4G/LTE closed network (giving full Island coverage)
- A live up to-date portal with access to person who are reported to be at risk during a given time
- Search Torches
- Mobile units with vehicle & Foot patrols - in locations of concern
- SWAH Kit - Safe Working at Height
- Pulsar Helion XP50 Thermal Monoculars
- Search Lights
- Scan grip lighting (with tripods)
- Rope equipment
- defibrillator - Fitted to our vehicles
- Mobile units with vehicle & Foot patrols - in locations of concerns
Our crisis response teams are:
- DBS Checked
- Fully Insured
- On call 24/7