SPIIOW is using two vehicles – a Nissan Qashqai (known as Mobile 01) and a Toyota Rav 4 (known as Mobile 02 with a 4 x 4 capability). These vehicles operate across the Island 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. Each of the vehicles is operated by a caring, compassionate and appropriately trained team and contains the following equipment:
• Personal Protective Equipment– this includes wet weather clothing, safety googles, face masks, gloves
• Radio Communication kit – a state of the art radio system over a 3G, 4G/LTE closed network (giving full Island coverage).
• Safe Working At Height (SWAH) – safety lines / ropes, helmets and harnesses.
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
• Heat seeking equipment with a range of around 1,800 metres.
• IPAD for our team members to have up to date information at the touch of a button.
• Medical kits – to the level of First Response Emergency Care (pre-hospital care).
• Search torches and scene lighting.
• Water Rescue PPE (to level DEFRA Module 1 – 3).