SPIIOW operate two vehicles, One is a Nissan Qashqai (known as Mobile 01) and the other is a Toyota Rav 4 (known as Mobile 02) this has 4 x 4 capability. We operate our vehicles 7 days a week 365 days of the year across the Island, hence this being the biggest outgoing expense we have to date.
Equipment in each vehicle:
- Both vehicles are kitted out with equipment that the teams will use when approaching or talking to a person who is in a crisis / feeling suicidal. The teams safety always comes first and in order to reach a person they have to always think safety
- A Caring & Compassionate team
- PPE Equipment – this includes wet weather clothing, safety googles, face masks, gloves etc.
- Radio Communication - with a state of the art radio system over a 3G,4G/LTE closed network (giving full Island coverage)
- Safe Working At Height (SWAH) – safety lines / ropes, helmets harnesses
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Heat seeking equipment –With a range of around 1,800 meters
- IPAD - For our team members to have up to date information at the touch of our finger tips provide a greater amount of detail
- Medical kits – to the level of First Response Emergency Care (pre-hospital care)
- Search Torches & Scene Lighting
- Water Rescue PPE ( to level DEFRA Module 1 – 3)